FLIPBOOK




The objective of my flip book was to tell a story of a man who is broken but then as the sun rises, he encounters an extremely beautiful woman. She fixes and completes the hole he is missing as he is completely mesmerized with her charm. However, she turns out to be a different person than he thought, because the whole time she has been disguised and actually has a hidden second life, much like what happens in reality.


Although it may not be a fake identity physically, with time, everyone’s true colors shine through and sometimes people are deceiving for the worst.

The man kept going back to her because his desire for her completion is so strong, to the point that he just dealt with being treated badly and refused to see it for what it actually was.

I am a firm believer in not finding happiness in other humans because your heart will never, ever, be complete. You must find your strength through the faith of something bigger than yourself, a higher power, that looks at the whole picture and then you may have it in yourself. I also believe that if you are complete within yourself that you will be able to detect when someone has ulterior motives and it won’t even phase you because you don’t need anyone’s confirmation.

The book that I used is a murder mystery called One of Us is Lying. The title really encouraged the storyline along with the song that I chose to pair it with called “Swan”. The song is very intense and has a heavy beat that I felt was appropriate for the story.

I also used the combination of pen, colored pencils, markers, and crayons. I used color where I wanted depth and exclamation to be represented and the more depth I wanted, the more intense tool I used. So if I really wanted to make something important I used marker. I also used no color in areas where I wanted to represent emptiness. 

Comments

  1. This is an amazing flip book. Even without the descriptions we could've perfectly understands the meaning of the story. Keep up the good work, it was really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the depth and insight you put into the flip book. The description with the illustration and music mesh it all together perfectly. The storyline feels very real and relatable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts