Eye Contact

Staring into someones eyes for two minutes straight is not easy. Although it may seem like a simple task to do, it is actually difficult especially if you have to do it with a stranger and you aren't allowed to speak to one another while doing it. I thought that this was going to be easy when paired with my partner, but when the two minutes actually began, I had a very hard time staying silent and being serious. I could not stop laughing, which is probably because we weren't supposed to make any sounds. But although I wasn't supposed to do that, I honestly really enjoyed the time because a genuine laugh is priceless and I still feel like my partner and I got something out of the activity.

My partner and I connected on a deeper level by holding that eye contact and I think that by taking a sillier approach,  it helped us make that connection. We still have not had a real conversation with one another, but somehow I feel like I have known him for years. Eyes truly are the way to knowing someone.

Comments

Popular Posts