XEROX



Before I started this project, I had a vision of what I wanted the end product to look like, but wow, did it change. The very first scan that I took, I accidentally printed in color. Although I wanted the whole piece to be in black and white, I felt like this particular picture was the most powerful. And for some reason, even after I took many more shots in black and white, I still kept going back to that first one. I actually took a few others in color, not meaning to, and decided that maybe it does have a message. I felt like these photos represent small portions of life. Although it isn't formed into a shape that suggests something, I decided that by overlapping the shots, and hiding parts of each, it almost becomes a mystery.

 In life, we all have things that we don't express to the outside world and would rather keep hidden. The side profile shot that I placed in the center, I crumpled up into a ball as you would a paper you do not want, before you toss it into the trash can. But instead of "throwing it away" I opened it back up and pasted it right in the center to signify that it is okay to show who you really are even if it isn't perfection. 

Comments

Popular Posts