Performance art proposal

1.     The performance piece that I am proposing is called “Arttitude” which will be an experimental narrative.
2.     I plan to do this in sections of threes at different locations in the Tampa Bay area with different actors in each performance. I will play two different songs, the first a slow and mediocre song, and then escalate to a powerful song. I will be blind folded while creating art to project the idea of letting yourself go to create art.
3.     I will have someone recording with my iphone camera and someone to play the music to make sure things run smoothly so that the actor and I are able to do what we need to do.
4.     Art is not a talent. It is an attitude.
5.     One performance will be done near a fire pit at my apartment complex, another will be at the University of Tampa, and third will be on Riverwalk. I am going to utilize materials such as paper, brushes and paint. I will also have a speaker to intensify the music.

6.     I hope that viewers will make a connection with the attitude of the music with the attitude of the art. I feel that by doing this, people will hopefully realize or at least adopt a new perspective of their capability to create art. I believe that anyone is able to create something great if they let their self-judgements go and utilize the empowered attitude.

Comments

Popular Posts